kpop is the light at the end of the tunnel

Don’t let your head hang
There’s nothing to worry about, you are who
You are It’s worth it, trust yourself
Open up a new road
Your path will unfold
Walk in the broad skies
You can go anywhere
Wherever you want
You can go anywhere
Wherever you want
It’s not too late
You can get to the purple line
- TWICE's "Rainbow"  

Honestly these last few days have been weighing me down even more than i bargained for. Somehow though, Kpop has managed to help me a little. TWICE and ITZY mostly, because they sing about self esteem and things regarding your own mental health. I think these words from TWICEs newest Bside song Rainbow have hit me the most. To be honest though, none of the songs are a skip, not even the manditory ballad. I'm personally not a fan of slow songs, only a few manage to really get me. Most of the songs on the album are bops though, so we don't mind.


I found a new hobby i guess. A hobby of collecting Kpop albums and their photocards that reside within ( hehe B) ) I'm personally more of a girlgroup enthousiast so i'm naturally going to have more girlgroup stuff. I do like BTS though, from before they had their big American break. The songs that they make are too english poppy to my taste. I want them to go back to their roots. But alas the boys are having fun so who am i to tell them to stop. I just wish they got back their BTS flavour. 

My hype with GIDLE kinda died down after Queendom to be honest. They're too naive of a rookie group. Especially since it's nowadays just Soyeon and the gang than anything. Soyeon seems like the type of girl who'd talk over girls like Yuqi and be very.. there. I don't mind it, as long as it's not malicious. She went too far at Queendom in my opinion, and i can't view her differently anymore. She's still a very pretty woman especially with her bleached blonde short hair which suits her very well. I lowkey had a crush on her, she's very pretty. But the Queendom thing ruined it for me to be quite honest. Oh well what can ya do.

I reccomend watching this series on youtube about the worst entertainment companies in the Kpop world. It gives really good insight about what's happening behind closed doors at these big companies. I knew that they were shady but a lot of these things really shocked me. You can find it here

Am i still going to support Kpop knowing this? absolutely yes. Of course these companies are malicious but we need to support the idols the best we can to make their world a little better. I hope all of the idols no matter where they are are feeling good. I hope after Sulli there will be no more cases like this. But only time will tell. 

I wish that these idols knew how much they've impacted my life for the best. I wish they knew how they helped me feel better through their words and their song. I hope all of them know they're important to us fans. Everyone deserves to be loved. Especially the ones hurting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My journey with my mental health

A little introduction

Life goes on, right?